April 10, 2010

Why are men such pigs?

Yesterday I had someone call me from a number I didn't recognize. Normally I would just ignore it and let them leave a voicemail, but since working for the census and leaving my phone number at countless houses I figured I should answer. Here is how the conversation went:

Me: Hello?

Guy on Phone: Hey girl what's up?

Me: Umm... I think you might have the wrong number.

Guy: This ain't Melissa?

Me: Nope, not Melissa.

Guy: Oh well dang girl, you gots a sexy voice.

Me: Thanks... I guess... *nervous chuckle*

Guy: Well if you ain't Melissa, what is yo name?

Me: Not Melissa.

Guy: Oh okay well you still got a sexy voice.

Me: *hangs up*

Really? Really?! You're gonna hit on the random girl you miss-dialed? In retrospect when he asked my name, I should have said something like "Thomas" (as per John's suggestion when discussing this last night) but I didn't. I was too shocked that this was happening to come up with a witty response. Some people...

1 comments:

Felicia's Moments said...

Yeah, I know how that is!
Top three answered missed dial calls I have received:

Person from Vernon: "I got something in the mail said you were gonna turn off ma water! I paid my bill!"

Random Black Lady - "Hey, b*tch! Tell your man to pay me my child support!"

60yr Old Guy From WeWa - "I'll be at your house soon, feed your dog. I love you so much, I'm bringing my own food this time."

Yeah, I've had my fair share of weird miss dial calls...

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails