July 7, 2011

Why I Hate My Hometown

There are many reasons why I hate my hometown. The first and most obviously isn't limited to just Panama City, but the whole region. It's too freakin' hot. Not only is it hot, but it is also humid. Summer lasts pretty much from March till November. During this time if you cannot leave your air conditioned house even to check the mail without breaking into a sweat. It's horrible.

The second reason is it's proximity to Panama City Beach. Spring Breakers and college kids off for summer flock here like their lives depend on it. The whole city panders to them, so if you're *not* into the party scene there's not much for you to do. There are certain main streets you cannot go down after dark without the risk of some skank flashing you. I don't know how many times Girls Gone Wild has gotten in trouble for filming underage girls here. One more reason it's horrible.

And if you're not dealing with drunk college kids, it's illiterate rednecks. These people sure do love the Confederate Navy Flag for some reason. SMH.

One day we will finish school and be able to move somewhere that doesn't have these problems. I do know that everywhere has it's own problems, but some of them are more bearable than others.

Why am I telling you this? Check out [this post] for explanation. Image from [here].
Related Posts with Thumbnails