May 6, 2010

Jobs = ♥

So a few weeks ago Josh found out that he would be losing his job up at the school over the summer. I had finished my Census job and had yet to find a new one. But that was okay, because in the middle of May we would be getting our scholarship, grant, and/or loan money for the summer semester and we had enough in savings to make it till then. At least, we thought we did.

Monday Josh was told that if you have any classes in Summer C (Summer A is the full semester, B is the first six weeks, and C is the second 6 weeks) you would not be getting any money until C started. We both have classes in Summer C. Oh crap. We have barely enough money to get through this month, but certainly not until the end of June. >.<

Well yesterday I finally got to talk to the hiring manager at Book-A-Million and it looks like I'll be getting an interview with them! She said that she does her interviews on Mondays, but she'll be out of town next week, so I should expect a call Saturday or Sunday to set up an interview for the 17th. I'm fairly confident that if she does call I'll get the job since I love books so much. On the other hand, I don't have any retail experience... I guess we'll just have to see. But this is as close to getting a new job as I've gotten so far haha.

Then today more good news! They've changed their minds at the school and Josh gets to stay over the summer! One of his classes got cancelled so now he's got enough free day-time hours to make it worth it to them. Yay! I always love it when I get news that means I won't have to starve. tongue

1 comments:

Yoshimara-Muse said...

I'm glad things worked out for you and I will keep my fingers crossed for you, hoping you'll get the job at Books A Million. *hugs*

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails