January 18, 2011

I like lightning.

The lightning bolt sets fire to combustibles and damages objects in its path. It can melt metals with a low melting point, such as lead, gold, copper, silver, or bronze. If the damage caused to an interposing barrier shatters or breaks through it, the bolt may continue beyond the barrier if the spell’s range permits; otherwise, it stops at the barrier just as any other spell effect does.

[The image is a real person, painted with body paint (not 'shopped) by artist Craig Tracy. Check out his gallery for more amazing body art.]

When it comes to gaming I noticed I gravitate towards two things: healing and lightning. If I can do both, even better! I love how lightning is pure, raw power and I'm the one wielding it. I also find that it offers a sense of familiarity regardless of the game. Lightning, and those who wield it, can be found in most genres. I can be a wizard/sorcerer, a druid, a shaman when it comes to traditional fantasy. I can use Captain Marvel's "Shazam" lightning bolt in the DC universe. I can play a Emperor Palpatine-esque character in the upcoming Star Wars MMO. When looking at a new game it's always easy to figure out which class is for me, unless none of them have lightning powers!

Do you have a favorite "style" of character you gravitate towards?
Related Posts with Thumbnails