December 12, 2010

Dr. White, in the White Pages

Recently I've been hearing advertisements on the radio for a doctor who claims he doesn't need advertisements. The fact that anyone would do such a thing boggles my mind.

Here's how the commercial goes:

Person One - Ow I really hurt my back doing some menial task.

Person Two - You should call Dr. White, he's a chiropractor who really helped me when I hurt one of my body parts doing some other menial task!

P1 - Okay! I'll look him up in the Yellow Pages when I get home.

P2 - Oh you won't find him there, he gets all his business by word of mouth! He doesn't need to advertise in the Yellow Pages. He gives everyone his home phone number in case you decide to do a menial task on the weekends. Look him up in the White Pages instead.

P1 - Oh that's great that he's so good he doesn't need to advertise.

P2 - Yup yup! Just remember, he's Dr. White, in the White Pages.

If you don't need to advertise, why *exactly* are you advertising on the radio? That just proves to me that A) you aren't good enough to get all your business through word of mouth and B)You are a lying jerk-face trying to pull one over on me.

I will not fall for your trickeries, Dr. White!
Related Posts with Thumbnails