April 19, 2010

Out of chaos comes beauty

I have finally inserted a title into the brackets left open since this blog's conception. Whether said title is catchy or not remains to be seen. :D I like it, which is I guess what matters. Mostly I'm just happy to have something up there other than [Insert Catchy Title Here] hehe.

And it matches today's theme, since I feel rather discombobulated. I have a few things I feel like writing about but none of them really go together. I don't feel like writing two or three different posts that only have a paragraph or so each so I'm just going to lump them together.

First order of business: Warhammer 40k. My husband has been playing for a while now with our friend John (who happens to be the future husband of my friend Jessica, whom I have known since 3rd grade) but I've never played before. I'll go over there with him sometimes and chill with Jess, play with the kitties, or watch them, but never play. Not because they won't let me or I don't want to, I just don't have any pieces or models or whatever you call them.

Well last night I played for the first time and it was pretty fun. I got to play a "shooty" army of Space Marines with my own tank and a robot who looked like the Iron Giant. It's a really, really long game though. I let Josh finish for me because I got tired and just sat on the couch with Izzi instead. That takes less concentration, something I'm rather laking at 3am. Next Tuesday (I think?) there is supposed to be some really big game with like 5 or 6 people playing and I'll probably give that a go as well. Then I'll actually understand how you do stuff better which will probably make it a lot more fun. Yesterday I kinda just felt like a dice roller, with Josh and John making all the tactical decisions.

Second order of business: school. I got my paper back from Dr. Phillips. I knew it was going to be an easy A, but I didn't know how easy. I'm not joking when I say I'm not even sure if he read it. When I got it back there was a rubric inside the title page. Well, if you could call it that. There were only two criteria to be graded: paper length and number of sources. Our grades were number of pages (up to 15) x 3 + number of sources (up to 15) x 3 + 10. So if you had at least 15 pages and sources, it looked like 45 + 45 + 10 = 100! Yay! I looked through the whole paper and he didn't make a single mark. Not one correction, not one "good point!", nothing. One of the guys who sits behind me said he used 16pt font instead of the standard 12 and got away with it. When Phillips said our papers were going to be a buffer for our test scores he meant it.

My first final is on Wednesday and I'm supposed to be studying for that right now. The rest are next week. I need to find a new job. =/
Related Posts with Thumbnails